GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERSHIP UPGRADING
The ‘Upgrading’ phenomenon is applicable only to those members seeking for a rise in membership grades from GRADUATE to ASSOCIATE, and from ASSOCIATE to MEMBER. The following are the requirements for Upgrading:
- The member must have spent at least three (3) years at the lower grade to become eligible for consideration for upgrading.
- The member (regardless of membership grade) must accumulate at least 15 credit points within the period by attending functions of the Institute, one of which must be the Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Programme (MCPEP). Please see the table below for details about the Institute’s programmes and their accruable credit points
SN PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION NO. CREDIT POINTS 1 MANDATORY CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION PROGRAMME (MCPEP) 5 2 TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES 5 3 ANNUAL NATIONAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE (ANMC) 10 4 WOMEN IN MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME 5 5 MANAGEMENT SUMMIT 3 6 DISTINGUISHED MANAGEMENT LECTURE 3 7 OVERSEAS COLLABORATION TRAINING PROGRAMME 10
- The member should pay upgrading fee of N20,000 and total outstanding indebtedness to the Institute
- The Membership Services Directorate shall notify the member of the Upgrading Date and Venue of the next Upgrading ceremony where he/she will obtain the new membership certificate.
- The member shall be expected to pay the difference between the Development Levies of the new and the old membership grades.
- The member can now formally use the acronym AMNIM or MNIM on his/her name as applicable.
- If you don’t send the supporting documents as attachment(s) to the above stated email address, your registration will not be processed.
MEMBERSHIP UPGRADING SCHEDULE
|1||ABUJA||March 22, 2017||March 8, 2017||Abuja|
|2||LAGOS||March 29, 2017||March 15, 2017||Lagos|
NOTE: THE UPGRADING OF MEMBER TO FELLOW IS BY RECOMMENDATION BY THE BOARD OF FELLOWS TO THE COLLEGE OF FELLOWS THROUGH AGREED CRITERIA AND RATIFIED BY COUNCIL. All payments should be made to the Institute’s Account No 1010341253 with ZENITH BANK PLC